Sunday, August 28, 2011

Last and final update

It ain't over till it's over.  The fat lady hasn't sung yet. Bread is still baking in the oven. Now I'm out of cliches.  Suffice it to say that you thought I was done and I thought I was done, and my husband sensed that I was done, but the reality is that I'm not done.  After a weekend of fun in the sun, lake swimming, trail running while the kids are away on their Disney cruise with grandma, plus a lot of skin healing, I realized the trapezoid sunburn pain is not really that painful, and cancer regrowth would be a lot worse than a short term sunburn.

I have no  idea why I thought that the sunburn was worse than cancer.  Temporary insanity.

So the scales of good judgment are back in balance.  I returned this week to the zap machine at Sloan Kettering to finish the last five of twenty-five treatments.

So by September 1, we will be DONE with radiation.  Dare I say "Done?"  Could it be true?  I darn well hope so.  Just in time for race day.



No comments: